Thursday 8 April 2010

Mix it up

Today I literally stopped, as silly as it sounds, in my tracks when I saw G-STAR RAWs new campaign. The combination Liv Tyler- G-STAR-Anton Corbijn made me have to look twice.
Now, G-STAR has never, despite actual efforts, made me very excited about their products and although their campaigns are not bad they're also a bit bland. Corbijn, on the other hand, is one of my absolute favourite photographers whose photographs I never tire of looking at! Liv Tyler is cute, I guess, and Corbijn is known for photographing celebrities, especially in this black and white solemn style so that makes sense. But how did this collaboration come into being? Is G-STAR really credible as arty just because they're accustomed to using black and white in their campaigns and now do it with borrowed credibility?
Anyway, it's not bad, so enjoy!

No comments: